Author Backcountry Sports: Previous Topic I love to hike... Next Topic
Page: of 2

Meg
Moderator/MaryJane's Farmgirl

11 Posts

Meg

11 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  2:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, it's just like a baby bjorn carrier. We have one and have loved it, but I think she'll be ready for a pack this summer, size-wise and better views for her too. But the baby bjorn has been great and I think it would be for hiking if your babe was the age she is now (5 months).

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  2:54:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Meg-

Sounds like you have thought it through for Stella! I am sure she is going to love exploring the woods from the pack. It’ll be a lot of fun for her to be out in the woods and see new sights all the time.

I hope my little one enjoys hiking and seeing the sights from her carrier. I think she will because she is already showing curiosity and interest in the world. She has recently discovered that Mom has long hair! So sweet! I can’t wait till she is bigger and can learn more about the outside world!

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

Ellen
outstepping

124 Posts

124 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  1:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Meg and Elizaray
Wow I used a baby bjorn too. Tho todays models looks like the deluxe padding I always dreamed of for my shoulders sure have neat packs these days.
When we took our babies... I used cloth prefold diapers/washed them out. We didn't use disposables. Using a waterproof bag, from my canoe gear, I would save the days worth until at camp, then with the clothes pin hung them out. If you are in restricted h2o lands=(desert)...we packed more in.

Rambling we called going off the path = bushwhacking. We lost the trail doing this in Canaan Valley,WestVirgina.Should have been called circling

Meg, doing 18miles with the altitude tops mine! Were you in the Ashley National Forest? I was reading about was it a whiterocks cave and a fishing spot not far from there. What is the name of the river?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Backcountry Sports: Previous Topic I love to hike... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000