Author Outdoor Photography: Previous Topic "Our" Island Next Topic  

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  12:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is windy, wonderful Protection Island NWR, where I lived in '98. It's 3 miles off the northern coast of Washington in the Strait of Juan de Fuca. My husband and I were the island's only human residents, and we worked as a team to record seabird and marine mammal observations. We also enforced a 200-yard boundary between boaters and the island's shoreline to protect sensitive wildlife species from disturbance.

The pic is looking east toward Whidbey Island, etc. Ididn't take the photo - found it online

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com

vintagechica
outbound

24 Posts

Eren
Kenosha Wisconsin
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  12:31:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit vintagechica's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, how wonderful for the two of you!!! I was a biology major in college. Biology/Political Science double major. I was going to be an environmental attorney and change the world!!!

Now, Im training my 3 boys to change the world for me, LOL!

Amazing photo Jen.

http://www.vintagechica.typepad.com

"A sure way to avoid housework, live outdoors"
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  2:19:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Same here, Eren! I figure we're making a significant contribution by raising conscientious kids. Lead by example, right?

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

vintagechica
outbound

24 Posts

Eren
Kenosha Wisconsin
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  2:37:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit vintagechica's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Let's hope...

that sounds pretty bleak...acually I am very optimistic. If any of their current attitudes about the world are still there in their adulthood, I will be one proud mama.

xx xx fingers crossed

http://www.vintagechica.typepad.com

"A sure way to avoid housework, live outdoors"
Go to Top of Page
  Outdoor Photography: Previous Topic "Our" Island Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000