Printer Friendly
Author Backcountry Sports: Previous Topic Endurance Riding Next Topic  

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  8:48:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone into long distance Endurance Riding? I don't have a horse right now but I want to get one with in the next few years. I love Arabs and want to get involved in this sport. Plus it's a great way to see some beautiful back country!

Elizaray

Edited by - Elizaray on Apr 20 2007 8:50:38 PM

marybeth
outstepping

146 Posts

Marybeth
Washington
USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 26 2007 :  07:43:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't been involved in Endurance Riding only trail riding. We have Quarter horses but my oldest has an Arab mare. Funny story: My daughter lives on a ranch in Eastern Washington which uses only Quarter horses but finally allowed her to bring over her Arab. Well that horse can go all day without breaking a sweat and has bunches of cow savvy. It truely is embarrassing to the cowboys. It is a huge ranch, thousands of acres, and they use only horses for cattle work and are very good stewards of the land. It has been in son-in-laws family for over 150 years and they are ver pro-active in keeping the land as natural as possible. MB

Being outside is being
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  12:42:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL I have heard stories like that before. I think it is funny- don't those people realize that their beloved quarter horse has tons of Arab blood in them? The Arabian horse is bred for being able to go forever with out quiting. Some Arabs aren't able to deal with cows, but if they are bred and raised properly they aren't much more high strung than any other horse. Usually the trouble they get into is because they are so smart and are bored!

Elizaray

Edited by - Elizaray on May 28 2007 12:49:34 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Backcountry Sports: Previous Topic Endurance Riding Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000