Author Coming Home to the Land: Previous Topic cavegirl joy Next Topic  

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  6:03:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My hub & I had the loveliest time last Saturday moving rocks! Guess I got inspired by the pipe-covering project the weekend before, 'cause I just got caught up in building a dam & little bridge across our creek. For all the miniscule invertebrate worlds we trashed by moving stuff around, we made a nice pool for our fishies & crawdads who were surely dreading the impending summer dry-out. It was fun to do something for the simple sake of "I want to" for once....

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com

marybeth
outstepping

146 Posts

Marybeth
Washington
USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  10:42:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
doesn't it feel good to accomplish that! We have a pond on our place and summer before last my friend and I terraced one side of the waterfall using flat stone as the fence of the terraceing and then planting ferns, wild bleeding heart and native currant bushes.It was fun and muscle wrenching at times but it just flat out felt good. MaryBeth
I'll post a pic if I can dig up a good one. I just looked at some pictures and they are mostly long shots of the pond but you cannot tell anything about the waterfall or they are just FERNS. MB

Being outside is being
Go to Top of Page

Ellen
outstepping

124 Posts

124 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  1:40:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am granny smith apple green with envy. Rocks do not exist in my world
I have a pond my boys dug for me. My waterfall( if ya want to call recirculating the water to fall back into the pond, had to be with a pump.no significant grade changes here either....just an imagination
Go to Top of Page
  Coming Home to the Land: Previous Topic cavegirl joy Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000