Author Welcome: Previous Topic Happy Travels? Next Topic  

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  07:22:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Gals,
The forum has been pretty quiet lately, so I hope you're all out enjoying shady spots, water, and breezes. It's been 100+ degrees here lately - whew!

My oldest daughter started school Monday, which is WAY too early if you ask me. (What happened to waiting till after Labor Day?) So, we're settling back into that whole routine.
Since all our other travel plans have sort of fizzled out, we're mulling over the idea of a long weekend trip to northern New Mexico/southern Colorado in October - sure would like to feel some high mountain air.

Tell us all about your August adventures when you get back inside....

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com

blueberries in alaska
outstepping

109 Posts

Jo
hillsides of the Chugach AK
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  09:44:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit blueberries in alaska's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It has been quiet here on the board, although it seems I haven't visited much I've been outside! Alaska is way insane in the summer........ it's definitely cooling off here and fall will hit the mountain here VERY shortly. I'm crossing my fingers my dahlias will bloom before the first frost...

Paul just booked some tickets to Patzcuaro Mexico where a friend of ours winters. We are going for the "Day of the Dead" celebrations. For those of you who might not recognize it, follow the link before. I'm very excited! I speak spanish and can't wait to experience that in a very traditional michoacan city in the mountaintops........ We'll be there the end of October which is the rainy and cold season here before the snow flies. Maybe we'll come home to fresh backcountry skiing!

http://www.dayofthedead.com/

I can't wait to hear about your adventures! jo

there's no place like home....

http://web.mac.com/thomja

http://homepage.mac.com/thomja/PhotoAlbum22.html
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  11:57:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Your Mexico trip sounds incredible, Jo - I think I'll have to add a "Dia de los Muertos" (spelled right?) trip to our future agenda. Rita, my oldest, has been smitten with Frida Kahlo & therefore Mexican culture in general since she was about 3, so she dreams of going to Mexico & visiting Frida's Blue House.
I'd love it if fall would show up crazy early around here this year, but somehow I doubt it....

Go to Top of Page

marybeth
outstepping

146 Posts

Marybeth
Washington
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  9:52:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish I had some happy travels. Well, I did get to go to Ritzville WA to visit my daughter on the ranch and go to the Bluesfest in town. It is real great music. I went 5 years ago and have been champing at the bit to get back. Now My husband is in the hospital and it doesn't look good. So there is where I have been spending a lot of time. Not quite the camping experience I was hoping for. MB

Being outside is being
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  07:39:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're in my thoughts & prayers, MB. I may not be a church-goer, but I believe there is power in positive thinking. I hope you can find some moments of peace during this difficult time - and maybe you're not camping, but the world right outside your door can offer healing.
Jen

Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  8:37:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been busy trying to get my garden in order for fall. Wow- Fall is right around the corner! Can you believe it? My baby is growing like a weed and is getting more active each day! I have also been working on getting the house organized and cleaned up. Who wants to spend the winter hours in a cluttered house?

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page
  Welcome: Previous Topic Happy Travels? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000