Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Outpost Dispatch
 Going Green
 Planting Trees to offset carbon footprint
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Going Green: Previous Topic Planting Trees to offset carbon footprint Next Topic  

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  11:52:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have gone to many carbon footprint calculator websites and most of them come pretty close to each other. My family is pretty small, just the three of us. We try and live as green as possible including my new switch to being a vegetarian.

What most of the carbon footprint calculators indicate is that we would need to plant 5 trees each year to have a 0 carbon balance.

So...what I was thinking is that since my husband is 27, we should shoot to plant 150 trees in the next year or two (30 years x 5 trees =150 trees). Then if we planted a couple extra... say 10 trees each year, we could help off set another family's carbon footprint.

There are lots of areas that have been deforested due to logging and forest fires. So if we all planted native trees in deforested areas it would be a great way to do a public service and help the planet.

What do you think?

Elizaray
  Going Green: Previous Topic Planting Trees to offset carbon footprint Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000