Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Outpost Dispatch
 Adventures Abroad
 Hawaii hospital turns away horse visitor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Adventures Abroad: Previous Topic Hawaii hospital turns away horse visitor Next Topic  

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2008 :  09:11:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hawaii hospital turns away horse visitor
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

LIHUE, Hawaii -- A man hoping to cheer up an ailing relative at Wilcox Memorial Hospital hadn't considered one of the visitation rules: No horses allowed.

The man thought the patient would enjoy seeing his stallion, said Lani Yukimura, a spokeswoman at the hospital. He and the horse entered the hospital earlier this month and rode an elevator up to the third floor, where they were met and stopped by security personnel,

Security managed to get the man and the horse out of the hospital, with "just a few scuff marks," she said.

The hospital has a pet visitation policy, but it's for dogs and cats, not horses.

"On Kauai, we have a very warm inviting atmosphere at Wilcox," Yukimura said. "We just hope people understand this is not a place for a horse."

The man's good intentions were further dashed when his relative was brought out to see the horse.

"That's not my horse," the patient said to hospital staff.

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com

Libbie
outstepping

157 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  08:25:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This just reminds me of that "Pink Panther" episode when someone asks Inspector Clouseau if his dog bites, the inspector says no, and then the man gets bitten by the dog - he then tells the Inspector that he thought he said that his dog didn't bite - to which the Inspector blithely said, "THAT is not my dog."

XOXO, Libbie

"Farmgirl Sister #10," and proud of it!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Adventures Abroad: Previous Topic Hawaii hospital turns away horse visitor Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000