Printer Friendly
Author Welcome: Previous Topic Coming back up for Air Next Topic  

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  8:34:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This summer has brought a lot of growth and change for our family. Husband has a new job, we have a new town, and Baby is no longer a baby but a very strong minded toddler. And just a river can wreck change in on a stream bank we have felt swept along, changed and pushed under many a times. But just like a diver using the water's own power to help propel her out of the depths, I feel like I too am coming up for air. Finally. I hope to be able to re-connect with all my Outposted friends as the flood waters of our life settle back down into it's banks.

Elizaray

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  12:59:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know that feeling all to well, Elizaray. Breathe!

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2008 :  08:40:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jen! We're still taking it all in, and it looks like after just one more small little hurdle we might actually be back on solid ground again. Life is good and we are getting to spend more time as a family than ever before. We love it and are so thrilled.

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  1:31:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds perfect. Tell us more about your surroundings when you get time!

Jen

Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  05:56:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are living in semi desert after living in the Pacific Northwest. It is weird to see irrigation ditches, canals and such after living in a much wetter environment. But it feel so good to be back home! DH's new job is wonderful and things have finally turned a corner for our little family. We rent a cute little house and we are meeting new people left and right. All the struggle of the move was worth it!

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  08:59:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How wonderful!! It's so nice to come home with little soul treasures from the places you've been. You'll always have a bit of moss to "carry" with you from your time in the NW!
By the way, please forgive my forum-lingo ignorance, but I've been meaning to ask you gals what the "D" in "DH" stands for...

Jen

Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  11:01:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DH= Dear Husband

The thing I love about living back in the semi desert- you get that amazing rain smell when it does rain. :D Sometimes in the Pacific Northwest it is rainy so much that you just don't get that clean fresh scent- it's more of- "oh...it's wet again." LOL

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  3:06:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep, I know what you mean. I love the smell of rain here in the midwest (midsouth?) after a long hot & dry spell.

Jen

Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  3:12:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also am really enjoying the thunderstorms. I love a good natural light show! Do you get many thunderstorms down south?

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page
  Welcome: Previous Topic Coming back up for Air Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000