Author Welcome: Previous Topic Hello from the city! Next Topic  

city chick
outstepping

93 Posts

Deb
Chicago IL
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  05:43:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit city chick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm soooo happy to have found this board! To find so many like minded women.

I'm Deb, I live in Chicago with my hubby, 2 girls (10 & 7), 1 dog, 1 cat, 1 turtle, 1 bluegill (he's going to live in a creek very soon!) I think that's it....

We love to camp, fish, hike, creek muck, catch bugs, go on adventures - you name it we love it.

I'm packing for our camping trip right now. Or should I say, I'm supposed to be packing for our camping trip. I just bought the new Outpost book yesterday and I'm saving it to read while driving to our destination.

My girls have always camped & fished. Funny, about 2 weeks ago friends were sharing about their recent trip to Disney and my girls just looked at us and said "when are we going on our next houseboat trip?" I loved it! They have no desire to go on those fancy trips. Bring on the outdoors!

I can't wait to get to know everyone better.

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

Mountain Girl
outrigged

237 Posts

JoAnn
Colville WA
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  5:59:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Deb! Use to be a Midwesterner myself (MN). Did all the same things you do(down to keeping bluegills).Proud to say I raised my boys to adulthooh NEVER going to Disney World or Disney Land. They both enjoy the outdoors as much as we did. Happy camping. JoAnn

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  06:22:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great to see you over at the Outpost, Deb - you're one "City Chick" who fits right in with this bunch! My girls (7 & 5) have caught a bunch of long-eared sunfish this summer, only a couple bluegill. And here comes school again already...

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  06:23:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
P.S. - I really enjoyed your website, Deb

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2008 :  7:08:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Outpost, Deb! I know exactly how you feel! I loved finding that there were other Outpost thinking women out there!

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page
  Welcome: Previous Topic Hello from the city! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000