Printer Friendly
Author Welcome: Previous Topic I'm Back! Next Topic  

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2009 :  8:03:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a crazy busy last couple of months. I am taking classes via my computer and carrying a 16 credit course load, plus being the Stay At Home Mom to a busy busy toddler. So I feel like I have neglected my outposting friends! Please forgive me!

Elizaray

city chick
outstepping

93 Posts

Deb
Chicago IL
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2009 :  09:45:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit city chick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow! You are busy!

I hope to post more often myself now.

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2009 :  11:42:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Deb! It would be great to re-connect with friends! Especially when the winter months are keeping us a little more in doors than we would probably like! Are you dreaming of spring yet?

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
outrigged

237 Posts

JoAnn
Colville WA
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2009 :  2:34:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very much dreaming of spring! Our local paper has a contest for children on who finds the first buttercup. One year it was found at the end of January! Not this year, way to much snow. JoAnn

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

city chick
outstepping

93 Posts

Deb
Chicago IL
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  05:32:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit city chick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm dreaming of spring too! I haven't received one seed catalog yet. I started stitching a leaf printed pillowcase for our camper.

How fun about that contest! We like to watch our neighbors yard. She has snowdrops that come up really early. My girls keep an eye out for them then run up to her door to announce their arrival. She's an elderly lady who just loves my girls to pieces. She loves to share her flower garden as well.

Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  08:36:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JoAnn that sounds like a fun contest! I am looking out the window at snow falling falling falling. I would love this if I were up on the mountain skiing or in my family's cabin hiding from the world! lol

Deb- That is so sweet of your neighbor! Don't you just love it when you find voluntary family?

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  12:22:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've gotten a few seed catalogs, but the BEST of them all is the beauty from Baker Creek Heirlooms in Missouri. We've bought from them the past 2 years. Check 'em out at www.rareseeds.com.

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  5:30:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the link, Jen! Saving rare seeds is so important! We don't want to look back in 50 years and realize that we let millions of years worth of plant development die off in less than 100 years because we had a brief world-wide love affair with GM foods!

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

city chick
outstepping

93 Posts

Deb
Chicago IL
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2009 :  05:59:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit city chick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I received the Bakers Creek catalog as well. Stunning! My girls are picking out flowers, I'm picking out veggies. Did you see the festival they have there? I'm trying to talk hubby into going. It would be an 8 hour trip for us. They offer free camping. He said only if there's fishing nearby.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
outstepping

104 Posts

104 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  10:12:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Deb- that sounds like SO much fun! You should go for it! And with a name like "Bakers Creek" there must be fishing somewhere close by!
Go to Top of Page
  Welcome: Previous Topic I'm Back! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000