Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Outpost Dispatch
 Backcountry Bookshelf
 Read & Ramble: Book Discussions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Backcountry Bookshelf: Previous Topic Read & Ramble: Book Discussions Next Topic
Page: of 5

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  12:24:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wonder if your local Ag Extension office could offer some tips? When we lived in Naches, WA, some ag-oriented guys came out & sprayed a nicotine-based "organic" pesticide on the apple trees in our yard. They had to get the okay from our landlady, but they didn't charge her. With apples being big business in central WA, they wanted to keep those apple maggots in check.

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  8:40:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not sure if I mentioned this book someplace else, but it's one I want to read again. I read it years ago from a different life perspective, and I think I'd have a greater appreciation of it now. It's called LAND CIRCLE by Linda M. Hasselstrom.

"A new kind of rancher and a new kind of environmentalist, Linda Hasselstrom embraces old values, most particularly, responsibility for the land born out of love for it. Speaking with an eloquent simplicity in these collected essays and poems, the author of Going Over East and Windbreak further explores her visceral connection with the land."

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Backcountry Bookshelf: Previous Topic Read & Ramble: Book Discussions Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000