Printer Friendly
Author Welcome: Previous Topic I'm Home!! Next Topic  

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  9:36:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Phew have I been busy! The inland Northwest has been pounded with snow storm after snow storm. The snow is already up to head level on my border collie mix dog Obsidian. Getting to work has been interesting and my baby loves to be carried outside, but is not so much a fan of playing in the snow.

To make matters worse, only some of my neighbors believe in shoveling their sidewalks so I am constantly scraping at a layer of ice. But I have made it my goal to get and keep the sidewalks clear. So wish me luck, please!

Elizaray

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  1:05:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I feel for you, Elizaray! When we moved to Trout Lake, WA several years ago, the snow was about 4 feet deep. I had to shovel paths for our old, crippled dog to get around. That was also where we lived when I was pregnant with Rita. One day during my 9th-plus month, our neighbors shoveled our entire driveway while we were in town grocery shopping - they thought we were at the hospital for the big event. Then, the day we actually did come home from the hospital, the driveway was under a foot of icy snow. What's the moral of that one? Never cry baby??

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  03:26:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL Oh Jen! That is such a funny story! It is snowing in the Northwest again. I can hardly see the tree outside my window because of the snow. My window looks white instead of the black it should be at this time of night.

Isn't it amazing how the littlest amount of light get refracted and re-refracted until a snow storm make the area glow?

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  11:37:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh yes - I've always loved snow glow!

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Welcome: Previous Topic I'm Home!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000