Author Ecopinions: Previous Topic PUT ORGANIC BACK INTO "ORGANIC" Next Topic  

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  08:26:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
PUT ORGANIC BACK INTO "ORGANIC" & NATURAL BACK INTO "NATURAL"
From the Organic Consumer Association:
"In response to the Organic Consumer Association's recent alert regarding our discovery of the carcinogen 1,4-Dioxane contaminating a wide variety of leading personal care products misleadingly labeled as "organic" or "natural", many of our readers have contacted us wondering how they can best contact these companies to express their frustrations (read more about the study and see a complete list of products here). Literally, tens of thousands of consumers have purchased expensive products from offending companies, thinking they were paying extra for a product that was truly natural and safe for their families, whose cleansing and moisturizing ingredients were made from certified organic, not conventional or petrochemical, material . As indicated in the previous issue of Organic Bytes, the OCA has issued Cease and Desist letters to not only the companies who tested positive for Dioxane with misleading organic brand claims, but also brands with organic brand claims that may have tested clean, but regardless use petrochemical compounds and/or no organic material in major cleansing and moisturizing ingredients. We would like to invite our readers to write a brief letter to these companies whose products you may have used, expressing your concerns,to help develop evidence in a lawsuit that will be filed on Earth Day if companies do not commit to cleaning up or dropping their organic claims. OCA requests that you include your address, and TAKE ACTION HERE, where you can read the slightly longer letter specifying which companies are at issue and why: http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_11457.cfm"

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com

Libbie
outstepping

157 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  09:20:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That stuff is so scary. Don't you just wish we could TRUST companies to say what is real? In my humble opinion, it's just one more reason to move toward home-grown, home-made and local lifestyles. I'm about to "click" and see what companies are involved. Hopefully none of that stuff made it onto my shelves!

XOXO, Libbie

"Farmgirl Sister #10," and proud of it!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Ecopinions: Previous Topic PUT ORGANIC BACK INTO "ORGANIC" Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000