Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Outpost Dispatch
 Birdwatching
 Yellow headed blackbirds--in the wrong place
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Birdwatching: Previous Topic Yellow headed blackbirds--in the wrong place Next Topic  

Mountain Girl
outrigged

237 Posts

JoAnn
Colville WA
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  2:02:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to the recyling center early one morning. It's just on the edge of town(population 5000)and spotted a flock of about 15 birds at a bird feeder at the house across the street. At first I didn't recognize them since I usually see them in a marsh sitting on a cattail and usually not that many. The owner of the house was there and I asked what they were and he said Yellow headed blackbirds. I go duh I should have known that. I went back later and they were gone. Guess they just stop by for a snack on the way to the marsh. JoAnn

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. Unknown

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  11:42:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Neat sighting, JoAnn! I've only seen them once - at a small pond by our house outside Ellensburg (WA). Have you heard their song? I love the sound of red winged bb's, but I'm not sure if the yellow heads sound anything like that...??

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Birdwatching: Previous Topic Yellow headed blackbirds--in the wrong place Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000