Author Welcome: Previous Topic San Francisco city farmer Next Topic  

thomasina
outthinking

4 Posts

thomasina
san francisco california
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  10:27:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomasina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi I live in the city of San francisco and grow food all year long. I give the food away to many people and anything that can help me grow more and better produce I will read and try. i was thrilled to find this MJ Frams mag in an airport and took to it like no other magazine I have. I immediately bought the books and CDs and a pair of bloomers and an apron. MJ is close to my age and I love what she has to say about growing and making art out of your life on a daily basis. I have an Masters in Fine Arts majoring in painting and sculpture and have always been close to the land. here I can grow almost anything short of really tropical things.
I can't wait to read everyone's posts and hope to get to know more of you wonderful and talented souls of like mind..peace Thomasina DeMaio

a country gal trapped in a beautiful city by a fantastic garden

Mountain Girl
outrigged

237 Posts

JoAnn
Colville WA
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  08:00:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Thomasina! Maryjane does capture ones heart and soul. She's just as sweet in person. Sounds like you have a wonderful "country" life in the big city. A true farmgirl at heart. JoAnn

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

thomasina
outthinking

4 Posts

thomasina
san francisco california
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  09:36:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit thomasina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mj makes Martha Stewart seem unapproachable.Too sterile for me although I like her,but this is more to my liking and real.
My garden is vast but any input I find online or from others I try to use. This garden is feeding at least five families now and unfortunately it is a necessity for them not just a novelty. Three families are chinese speaking no english, the others are an assorted collection. I hope to show them how to do it also. Language is an issue but we seem to be able to communicate somehow. I learned how delicious cauliflower leaves are steamed rolled and sauteed.
Thanks for answering me, I feel like a connection has been made and it makes me feel good.blessings to all

a country gal trapped in a beautiful city by a fantastic garden
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  1:21:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is wonderful, Thomasina - welcome to the Outpost! It is unfortunate that the families you feed are desperate, but how incredible fortunate it is that they found you. I look forward to learning more about you.

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2009 :  7:38:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Outpost Thomasina!

Elizaray