FarmMommy
outthinking

4 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  10:51:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is Kelley in Texas, and thanks to Alee on MJF for leading me over here...what fun!! Hope to have just as much fun over here and meet more farmgirls and learn more stuff!! I just love all things farmgirl! I believe I have been a farmgirl since birth...loving the outdoors, animals...smell of campsmoke in the rain...you know, all of that stuff. As a child, my family lived in a tipi for 8 months after the oil field went bust. Since my parents already had a tipi because we did pre 1840 re-enactments, when they lost the house..the tipi was the only option they had.....as for my sister and I...we were only 4 and 5....and loved every minute of that 8 months in the tipi, cried when my parents could afford a house agian and had to move back to civilization...lol...seriously, the transition back into the real world was harder on us than the transition into the tipi, with no electricity, no running water, etc, but we were also young, and now that I'm a mommy, I can see how things like that are alot easier on young, innocent children than adults! My husband and I own a tipi now and still participate in the pre 1840 rendezvous, and are bringing up or children at rendezvous...we dress the part, act the part and Live the part when we go...and we, as well as our babies, absolutely LOVE it!! I am so lookin forward to getting to know more gals over here in the outpost and share lots of stories and info! So glad to be here!! Kelley

I'm a size 6.....underneath ALL of this!!

Edited by - FarmMommy on Feb 06 2009 11:05:49 AM

Alee
outstepping

104 Posts

104 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  12:25:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum, Kelley! My father-in-law goes to a lot of the Rendezvous as well! Do you ever make it up to the Montana ones?
Go to Top of Page

FarmMommy
outthinking

4 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  1:47:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nope, haven't made one in Montana yet, but some good friends of ours Moved to the Billings area a couple of years ago and they rendezvos...they would like us to come up for one....but it's a 2 day drive just to get there...so my hubby would have to take vacation to ever go do one that far away...but we wold lve to if we could ever manage it. What's his name, we know people from all over the country tht go to them.....Kelley

Go to Top of Page

Alee
outstepping

104 Posts

104 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  2:59:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kelley!

His name is Wayne Reid- I believe he just recently really got interested in them. We live in Billings, so if you ever come up this way, let me know! Maybe we could get together sometime!
Go to Top of Page

FarmMommy
outthinking

4 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  4:46:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that would be fun Alee....Our friends are Cliff and Melissa Tiffie, don't know how big Billings is, but thought maybe you might have heard their name some where.....Kelley

Go to Top of Page

Alee
outstepping

104 Posts

104 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  6:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Billings is pretty big and we having gotten out much, but I will ask Wayne if he knows them!
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  6:41:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum, Kelley! How neat that you and Alee might know each other through relatives/friends! That is one of the things I love most about this forum. It really can create unique bonds and common threads between people who would have never even known before!

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  12:16:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I second that, Elizaray. Great to have you here, Texas Kelley!

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Welcome: Previous Topic Hello from Texas! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000