Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Outpost Dispatch
 Adventures Abroad
 Where would you pitch a tent?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Adventures Abroad: Previous Topic Where would you pitch a tent? Next Topic  

Meg
Moderator/MaryJane's Farmgirl

11 Posts

Meg

11 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  9:18:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is really a spin off Jen's Amazon post...

Where would you camp, if you could camp anywhere in the world?

A tropical beach...the beaches of Bali are absolutely marvelous...maybe not even pitch a tent but sleep under the stars cuddled in my sleeping bag with the waves thundering in the distance. I am headed there now...in my dreams.

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  07:59:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ooooh, yes, tropical indeed....somewhere where dark-skinned people wear billowy clothes all colors of the rainbow & no shoes ever! But, then, there's Alaska and the terrible thrill of moose or grizz snuffling around the tent (without kids, of course!). Have you noticed I have an awful case of wanderlust?
One of the best places I ever did pitch a tent was on the beach at La Push, WA. It was summer and pretty warm - the 1st time I've ever camped right beside the ocean. There were LOTS of people on the beach, which would normally turn me WAY off, but everybody was pretty mellow & kept to themselves. I remember watching an old Quileute man walking along the waves at dusk, shaking some sort of wooden rattle, and a harbor seal came up close to him. It was beautiful...
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  08:18:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I could pitch my tent anywhere in the world I would want to pitch it anywhere deep in a beautiful mountain range in solitude and peace or with a few well chosen friends. I know and love the Rocky Mountains but there are tons of places that I have never been camping in the Rockies.

However, I would love to go explore places like Australia and New Zealand!

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page
  Adventures Abroad: Previous Topic Where would you pitch a tent? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000