Author Wild Weather: Previous Topic toad strangler Next Topic  

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  08:03:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's what they call a big rainstorm around here, and that's what hit us last night. Whew! Wild lightning & thunder & wind, but no tornadoes. I was SO relieved that the nasty glut of it passed by 11pm because my husband was hyper & ready to cart the kids out to the storm cellar in the middle of the night, and the kids are sick with a cold, and I was DREADING it!
I'm sure we'll have to huddle out there before too long (mind you, it's brand new - no ancient spider webs or snake hideouts), but each night that we don't have to use it is a good night.
I do think I'll paint it inside, though. I'm thinking Lascaux cave - bison and rotund horses lit by our LED torches...

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  08:35:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jennifer-

If you do a rendition of the Lascaux cave- Please, please take pictures! I had a brainstorm a few years ago and wanted to get pictures of cave drawings enlarged and printed up full color at Kinkos and then put them as our art in our bedroom. I still think it is a cool idea, but I haven't had the time or money to do the project yet. If I am going to do it, I want to do it the right way so it looks nice.

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  11:31:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Me too, Elizaray. There's a coffee shop in the nearby town of Mountain Home that is decorated in cave paintings, which gave me the idea. I want to do the storm shelter as practice for one big, 2-story wall in the house. The only part that really intimidates me is the sponge-technique for making the wall look like a textured/contoured cave wall. I bet if one were to just go with it, though, it would look fine.
Money is my other limitation, too. Just doesn't seem to be enough extra for "frivolous" endeavors. If you do it first, tell me & post pictures! I'll do the same
Jen

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Wild Weather: Previous Topic toad strangler Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000