Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Outpost Dispatch
 Adventures Abroad
 Where would you like to take your next nature vac
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Adventures Abroad: Previous Topic Where would you like to take your next nature vac Next Topic  

countrychick
outbound

21 Posts

21 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  4:26:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would love to share ideas on what and where you would like to go next on a nature/adventure vacation?

Also, if money was no object where would you go?

Edited by - countrychick on Jul 13 2007 4:28:45 PM

Vintage Redhead
outbound

14 Posts

Kaylyn
Saint Charles IL
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  7:40:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vintage Redhead's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have my next *three* nature trips scheduled - all tent camping & backpacking! First: Marengo Ridge (McHenry County, IL) which is a moraine. Second: Starved Rock State Park (Utica, IL) which is on the Illinois River and is full of limestone-cliffed canyons and apparently even has waterfalls. Third: Buckhorn State Park (Necedah, WI) for hike-in tent camping and early fall hiking and watersports.

Now...if $$$ were no object, I would take a full year to hit *at least* one state park in all 50 states. Complete with photographs and patches... ~ Kaylyn

~ Kaylyn ~ (Suburban FARMGIRL, family CAMPER, altered ARTIST)

My Cause: http://nickspavilion.blogspot.com/
My Life: http://vintageredhead.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2007 :  2:21:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In the foreseeable future, we're still trying to get to the Buffalo River for a canoe trip or at least a fish & play weekend away from home. There's nothing like living on a riverbank for a few days. And then, there's our Yellowstone trip on the horizon (fingers crossed).

If wishes were dollars, I'd start with southern India and work my way up thru China and Russia, delve into the remaining wilds of Europe, spend a good long time in Canada & Alaska, and then wander down to Chile for awhile......always wanted to get lost in east Africa as a girl, but it's low on my list now.

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2007 :  9:43:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would love to take a mountain vacation and go skiing this winter or even go camping this summer, but I don't think that will happen since we are too busy.

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  3:09:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now we're thinking we might keep with our 3-year tradition of family elk hunting & go to southern Colorado in Sept....hard to decide what to do with a real vacation when you finally get the chance at one. We want to go to Hawaii to see my sis-in-law's family, but plane tickets for our family of 5 would break the bank to smithereens and then some!

Go to Top of Page

countrychick
outbound

21 Posts

21 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2007 :  2:35:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jen, I seen this bumper sticker yesterday "Elk-aholics" It came to mind when I saw your post. LOL!!
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  11:09:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ha! That's us alright! Only, now we're thinking on a float down the Buffalo during the rut so we can hopefully see/hear (but not shoot) some Arkansas elk......decisions, decisions......

Go to Top of Page
  Adventures Abroad: Previous Topic Where would you like to take your next nature vac Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000