Page: of 4

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  12:57:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, Elizaray!! The dogs......what a circus. Not for a second do I regret taking them in, but it has been pretty chaotic. We did find a good home for one pup yesterday, so that's a relief. Keep your fingers crossed that we'll hear from more dog lovers soon!

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

blueberries in alaska
outstepping

109 Posts

Jo
hillsides of the Chugach AK
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  11:18:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit blueberries in alaska's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I spent the day trying to find a chef/cook for a lodge in Cold Bay (fishing lodge). I'm pooped. It's been pretty interesting reading all the resumes from the wildest folks who want to try out a touch of wilderness. Examples.... ex celebrity chef, (doesn't like to have to use an outhouse), college girl from Oregon (any cute guys out there), chef from Alaska (Can I fish most of the time)?

I'm pooped, I'm going to bed........ more satellite phone calls in the morning to Cold Bay. Think we have the candidate, the guy who catered the "Into the Wild" movie. As long as he can fish.

there's no place like home....

http://web.mac.com/thomja

http://homepage.mac.com/thomja/PhotoAlbum22.html
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Expedition Leader

1384 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
1384 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  08:02:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wild, Jo! It would be a kick to sift through the, well, eccentricities. Hope you find a good one! By the way, what did you think of that movie (Into the Wild)??

Jen

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #9

The View From My Boots: www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

June Bug
outstepping

75 Posts

Traci

75 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  2:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I absolutely LOVED that movie. I thought it was one of the best ever. Just like our bodies have DNA I believe our souls hold their own form of "DNA" and sometimes your soul can call you to a certain place or time and you might not know why. There are ancient teachings in our souls from our ancestors and I felt like this movie really explored that. Being "called" somewhere not knowing why or having it make any sense to our rational self. Some said that it was too tradgic but isn't all life tradgic at times? The wild really IS wild and life is unpredictable no matter how prepared we are or seem to be. It is a great, great film in my opinion.Traci
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  10:31:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Traci- I have seen the book and heard of the movie and somewhat know that story. I really want to read the book and then rent the movie. It sounds like it would be right up my alley.

Jo- Have you gotten anyone to sign on yet? Where do you advertise for help? Do you send out classified ads to the lower 48? How is the summer sun treating you?

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page

June Bug
outstepping

75 Posts

Traci

75 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  08:17:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Elizaray, I read the book first and it is one of my favorite books to this day. Then, when the movie came out I was a little worried that it wouldn't do it justice but it totally did! You should definately read it AND see the movie.
Jo, did you end up hiring that guy?

Traci
Go to Top of Page

Elizaray
outspoken

680 Posts

Elizaray

680 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  9:14:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds good! Thanks for the recommendation!

Today I saw my garden strawberries are finally starting to blush up. :D Yay! Strawberries by this time next week I think!

Elizaray
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Welcome: Previous Topic What'chall up to Today? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJane's Outpost Dispatch © 2015 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000